Pragya Swastik

SoftBank cuts 2% stake in Paytm

Japan's SoftBank Group has further reduced its stake in regulatory crisis-hit Paytm to 2.83% from 5.01%, an exchange filing showed. SoftBank, which held a 17.5% stake in Paytm in September 2022, has trimmed its ownership for more than a year through multiple open market deals. Global investors like Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway and China's Alibaba Group exited Paytm in 2023.

Feb 29th, 2024

SoftBank cuts 2% stake in Paytm

Pragya Swastik

Shaadi.com Founder Anupam Mittal alleged "harassment" of startups by government policies. He posted on X, "Every year, team spends inordinate amount of time sending KYC info to startups who in turn coordinate with multiple angels to get KYC paperwork filed with Income Tax Department." Tagging Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Mittal added, "Madamji dekhiye pls (Madam, please look into it)."

Feb 29th, 2024

Madamji, dekhiye: Anupam Mittal to Sitharaman on 'harassment' of startups

Debaroti Adhikary

Ghazal Alagh said before Mamaearth's IPO, an investor asked her husband, Co-founder Varun Alagh, "Would you hire her today if she wasn't your wife?" "I was right there in the room...I felt invisible, it took me 2 days to get over that feeling," she said. She added Varun replied that's where their blacklisting of investors would start.

Feb 29th, 2024

Felt invisible: Alagh on investor asking Varun 'Will you hire her'

Pratham Nagpal

In what will be India’s biggest PE fund to date, homegrown Kedaara Capital is reportedly all set to raise $1.7 Bn. The majority of the fresh capital, around 80%, will be raised from existing investors, while the remaining 20% will come from new backers. Kedaara Capital is one of India's biggest PE firms backing startups like Lenskart, Perfios, and Purplle.

Feb 29th, 2024

Kedaara Capital to raise India’s largest PE fund of $1.7 Bn

Pratham Nagpal

Delhi NCR-based Country Delight’s revenue stood at INR 650 Cr in the first half of the ongoing financial year and the dairy tech startup expects to continue this revenue rate for the full year, Inc42 has learned. Country Delight is expecting to reach an EBITDA breakeven by the end of H1 2025, sources told Inc42.

Feb 29th, 2024

Exclusive: Country Delight posts INR 650 Cr sales in H1 FY24

Kanishk

Ronnie Screwvala said funding was never the answer to building a successful edtech startup and that founders should accept failures and move on. "No amount of funding can actually build a solid business if you don't set out to build a business...That penny has to drop with everyone," the upGrad Chairperson said at TechSparks Mumbai as BYJU'S faces turmoil.

Feb 29th, 2024

Funding doesn't solve everything: Ronnie Screwvala on BYJU’S saga

Debaroti Adhikary

Swiggy Food Marketplace CEO Rohit Kapoor said in early days of his career, he was working in a corporate job. "I was always fast-tracker. For one cycle, I didn't get to next level in speed I expected. So I said 'That's it. I don't want to be here'," he said. "It was silly...It's not good for mental health," he added.

Feb 29th, 2024

Tried to be on top speed, not good for mental health: Swiggy's Kapoor

Rashmi

Indira and Divya Chowfin started Himalayan Haat in Pauri, Uttarakhand, in 2015 when the fresh produce from their jungle farm didn't get the right prices in the local market. The food startup sells handmade preserves, coolers, sauces, herbal teas, and other artisanal products across India. The duo empowers local women by providing them with fair wages and flexible work hours.

Feb 29th, 2024

Mother-daughter duo build farm-to-table startup in the Himalayas

Rashaad

Founded in 2019 by Mohit-Aditya, Assembly, revolutionizes India's luggage by clubbing style with utility, to create versatile and durable bags. Over 90% products are India-made, a rarity in the industry. Facing pandemic challenges, Assembly secured ₹2.5 Cr funding, and revenue rose to ₹85 Cr by 2024. With Shark Tank India appearance, it aims to generate ₹50 Cr in FY 24-25.

Feb 29th, 2024

Founders Revolutionize Indian Luggage, Built ₹85 Cr biz in 5 Yrs

Sanchita

Indian telecom tycoon Sunil Bharti Mittal has been awarded Honorary Knighthood by Charles III, King of the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth realms, in recognition of his services to UK-India business relations. Mittal is the Founder and Chairman of Bharti Enterprises, which owns India's second largest telecom firm Airtel; he is also a member of the India-UK CEO Forum.

Feb 29th, 2024

Sunil Mittal is first Indian to be knighted by King Charles III

Popular BizShortz


Recommended Topics

© yugma 2024

Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.

Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc.